× Members

ESA renewal

More
6 years 5 months ago #211185 by jan 48
ESA renewal was created by jan 48
I am hoping that someone may be able to help me as I am at the end of my tether. I have been in receipt of ESA (previously Incapacity benefit ) (in support group ) and recently (November 2016) had a home face to face assessment for PIP at home and awarded highest mobility component and middle care rate. I filled in a recent ESA form & supplied extensive medical evidence with this form . I have RA & Osteoarthritis as well as other health issues and have today been called to attend a medical. I feel that the evidence I have submitted cannot possibly have been taken into account and stress this places on me and family over and over again is intolerable. My question is , which agencies can I turn to locally to get support? I feel this will be long and stressful process . Thanks for any advice anyone can give me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #211205 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA renewal
Jan

Very few claimants for ESA receive a Paper Based Review, it doesn't mean that your evidence has been ignored, just that those assessing you believe they need to see you to understand how you meet the ESA criteria.

If you think that you need face to face help then do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town or county.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 5 months ago #211215 by jan 48
Replied by jan 48 on topic ESA renewal
Thank you , Gordon. I will contact my local welfare rights as I have a feeling this will be a long and exhausting process. I have been through this situation a few times before and always had to challenge DWP decisions. The process is so stressful and relentless. Previously after waiting for a medical assessment for several months, they called me the night before to say I didn't need to attend! I am grateful for any advice and will continue to use the guides on the website.thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.