× Members

Income related esa and pensions

More
6 years 5 months ago #211188 by Mick Egan
Income related esa and pensions was created by Mick Egan
Good Evening,
Could you shed some light or explain in laymans terms how my income related esa will be affected when my works pensions reach £85? per week
As it will be a little while before this happens we are just in process of returning annula forms sent by dwp asking what the annual increase is for small works pensions i receive is,we have seen mention of half an amount reduction of something ? but unsure what this equates to
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #211207 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Income related esa and pensions
Kettle

There is no disregard for pension income in regard to Income Related ESA, it should be deducted £ for £, the £85 you mention only effects ESA(CB).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 5 months ago #211228 by Mick Egan
Replied by Mick Egan on topic Income related esa and pensions
Hello Gordon,
Just got online again and will probably have to wait until tomorrow,have had to wait for partner to assist typing
I/we are still confused,im on Income related and every year they just send letters asking for new figures/increase as pensions do 3% etc
They do not total more than £85 per week so assume that i do not encroach any limits
What does 'no disregard 'mean?
Thanks again

More
6 years 5 months ago #211245 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Income related esa and pensions
Kettle

Are you sure that you are receiving Income Related ESA? If you are then I would expect your ESA to go down as your pension goes up.

There is an £85/week disregard for Contribution Based ESA before deductions are made, there is no such disregard for Income Related ESA and the full amount of your pension will be deducted from your ESA.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 5 months ago #211256 by Mick Egan
Replied by Mick Egan on topic Income related esa and pensions
Hello Gordon,

Ive had daughter look closer at it and you are correct,it is the way it is worded along with and right next to Pip message so looks like or appears to be a figure for that but its obviously not,obviously me confusingmatters and causing myself concern anxiety and more stress unneccasarily,dont take lot of confusing tbf
Much obliged for your prompt courteous professional as usal assistance
Keep up the good work
Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.