× Members

ESA contrib-based, SDP + defnition of 'single'

More
6 years 2 months ago #211234 by Emma Tame
HI
Yesterday the CAB told me I am entitled to SDP as I was awarded PIP standard daily living on 10th February. Firstly, I am still technically on contributions-based ESA until May 19th, then it will change to income-based. I sent in the ESA (IR) back in March, received by them on 3rd March but not actioned because on 10th March they decided I was fit for work. This decision was overturned at recondsideration and changed to WRAG, which I am again contesting with new evidence to get in the support group.
Firstly, will the SDP be back-dated or is it only if you're on the ESA(IR) rather than contributions-based?
Secondly, I am in a relationship, but this is long-distance, He visits only once every 4-5 weeks, and there has never been any financial connection between households. I regard myself as single a I live alone. Is this correct or will they regard me as being in a couple and therefore not eligible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #211247 by Gordon
Emma

it is not whether you are single or in a couple that matters for the SD Premium, it is whether you live alone or not and whether anybody receives Carers Allowance against your PIP award.

The Premium should be back dated to 10 February when your PIP award was made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emma Tame

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.