× Members

Submission

More
6 years 5 months ago #211336 by MissK
Submission was created by MissK
I am waiting for a tribunal date, and I have never been to a tribunal before, someone has told me I need to write a submission, can you advise what is a submission and how would I write one, and do I need to do one ,any other help anyone can give re tribunal I would be very grateful.

I have been waiting about six months now so not sure how much longer it will be, and meanwhile unable to claim anything as my husband works and I was contribution based
Thankyou

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #211366 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Submission
MissK

You don't need to provide a submission but I would advise you to at least consider doing so.

Tribunals are not like a Court case where the prosecution present their case and then the defence do, although you will be given a chance to raise any issue you wish, the hearing is much more about the panel questioning the claimant bout their problems.

So a submission gives you a further opportunity to present your case for the hearing.

Another good reason to consider a submission is because it also allows you to consolidate your case inti a few pages that can be easily read by the panel. The bundle that they will receive could easily be a hundred pages long. with your information spread all through it.

Think about why you should score the points required for an award and put these down on paper as a starting point.

There is a sample submission in the MR & Appeal Submissions document in the PIP area.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 4 months ago #211392 by MissK
Replied by MissK on topic Submission
Thankyou, Ive had my bundlevof papers longer than a month can I still send in a submission

More
6 years 4 months ago #211408 by Gordon

MissK wrote: Thankyou, Ive had my bundlevof papers longer than a month can I still send in a submission

Yes, as long as all of your papers are with the Tribunal Service no later than one week before the hearing it is not a problem.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 4 months ago #211444 by MissK
Replied by MissK on topic Submission
Im even more confused now, I have spoken with DWP, and they have checked everything I sent off to the court with the sc form, and Inalready sent a submission along with the form, ge said Indont need to send in another one , is that right, Ive wrote diwn that many times what is wrong with me, they must have it loads of times,

Im sure they make tribunals so confusing they hope you dont bother

More
6 years 4 months ago #211453 by Gordon
MissK

You should not be talking to the DWP about your appeal, they are party to the hearing and therefore not impartial.

Did you send a document with your appeal request?

As I said in a previous post you do not have to provide a submission, but it is an opportunity to clarify your arguments.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid