× Members

Meeting with work coach

More
6 years 4 months ago #211445 by Confused.com
Meeting with work coach was created by Confused.com
Hello
Firstly apologies if I shouldn't be asking this on here...basically we are in receipt of income support as I am my husbands carer he is added to my claim as he lost his entiement to ESA and failed MR ...he has now received a letter to attend a meeting with a work coach which is stressing him out completely we know he has to attend to avoid sanctions I will be attending with him I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience of these "meetings" and what will be expected of him
Kind regards xx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #211454 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Meeting with work coach
Confused

It's a statutory requirement that the partners of claimants receiving Income Related benefits such as Income Support are regularly invited to Work Focussed Interviews to discuss whether there is any support that the DWP can provide to help them work.

The reality is they'll see him and ask if he needs any help. he'll say no and that will be pretty much it.

If this is the first one he has been invited to then I'm afraid it will be almost impossible to get out of it, but it may well be possible to have future ones, they are usually every three years, done over the phone.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.