× Members

Advice please...

More
5 years 11 months ago #213550 by Carly
Advice please... was created by Carly
Hi

I am new here but have chronic ME and been on benefits for years unfortunately.

I am currently on DLA high mobility / low care and the transfer to pip papers have come through. To be honest my condition is much worse so - in theory - my answers (if accepted) will likely push me to high care and mobility on pip.

I would then qualify for the extra edp on my current esa if I decided to try living alone (currently with parents) ... however, my area is due to switch to UC in July - and my question is - can I still claim the top ups (sdp and edp) if my assessment began before the switch over, or if I’m awarded pip after we’ve moved to UC do I lose the right to claim these extras? Wondered where the cut off date is?

Many thanks
Charlie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #213559 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Advice please...
Carly

You would only have to make a claim for UC if you need to make a new claim for one of the benefits that come under UC, adding Premiums to your existing ESA claims is a modification of an existing claim, not a new one so you will not be effected.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris