× Members

RE TRANFER FROM DLA TO PIP.

More
6 years 2 months ago #214045 by bluejay52
RE TRANFER FROM DLA TO PIP. was created by bluejay52
Hi Everybody.
I was wondering if anyone could clear up a query.
Ive received the dreaded brown envelope recently ,but had to ring the DWP advice line for another reason.--
In the process of the conversation, I was told that if nothing had changed on my present DLA claim, just write that on the pip form and send it back, and they would use the previous information that I had given them( 9 years ago)can anyone enlighten me?,, or is this incorrect?.
Thank You.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #214056 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic RE TRANFER FROM DLA TO PIP.
bluejay

This is appalling advice. :(

The criteria for PIP is fundamentally different from that used for DLA, whilst evidence from a DLA claim might assist with a PIP claim, it certainly cannot replace your completing the PIP2, How My Disabilities Effect Me form in detail.

See our PIP Claim guide for details of the criteria and how to complete the form.

If you have further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #214064 by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar
Replied by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar on topic RE TRANFER FROM DLA TO PIP.
Also to add and advise be careful using a 9 year DLA evidence as PIP is very different.

A quote from disability rights. I refused them to use my old DLA.

“The recommendation that the use of disability living allowance evidence to support reassessment cases should stop seems ill conceived.

I was formely known as (GoingOffMyHeadWithThisGovernment) Won PIP November 2017 ongoing award HR both. Now kept and got my ESA Support group but took a while.

More
6 years 2 months ago #214065 by bluejay52
Replied by bluejay52 on topic RE TRANFER FROM DLA TO PIP.
Thank you Gordon,
I thought that this information was incorrect, and could not see how I could use the old DLA application, I have printed off your guide.

Thanks once again.

More
6 years 2 months ago #214378 by bluejay52
Replied by bluejay52 on topic RE TRANFER FROM DLA TO PIP.
I have just rang my GP for a factual letter of support.
I am told that Doctors will not do this initially, as it is not part of their NHS contract., but if I am turned down for PIP - then they will do a letter of support.
It seems that all I can send to DWP/PIP initially is my meds list and why I am taking them.
Has anyone else came across this problem?.
Thank you.

More
6 years 2 months ago #214384 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic RE TRANFER FROM DLA TO PIP.
bluejay

I'm afraid this is becoming increasingly common, I just wish that GPs would consider the damage that they do their patients by not supporting them from the outset.

You can also request a copy of your medical records there may be letters and reports from your Consultants that can be used as part of your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: bluejay52

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid