× Members

PIP2 scan fuzzy and barcode isn't readable :(

More
6 years 2 months ago #214155 by Wolfita
My disabilities do not allow me to write more than a handful of words, so I scanned my PIP2 and have filled it in as a PDF.

But my scan quality is fuzzy and the barcode isn't readable! Should I get it all redone at a higher resolution?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #214158 by Gordon

Wolfita wrote: My disabilities do not allow me to write more than a handful of words, so I scanned my PIP2 and have filled it in as a PDF.

But my scan quality is fuzzy and the barcode isn't readable! Should I get it all redone at a higher resolution?

I think you would be better off marking the original form "see attached on page X" or similar and just including your answers as extra pages. The bar code is critical as it holds your National Insurance Number and is used when the form is scanned to attach it to your computer record, if it is not readable then there is a real risk of your form being "lost" in the DWP's systems.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #214162 by Wolfita
Replied by Wolfita on topic PIP2 scan fuzzy and barcode isn't readable :(
Thanks Graham. It is readable on a better quality scan, though, I tried it…

Then I went to Able Labels and made the barcode into sticky labels… Cunning plan?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.