× Members

DWP want to see Bank Statement ?

More
6 years 2 months ago #214171 by weymouth321
DWP want to see Bank Statement ? was created by weymouth321
Mother passed away end January 2018 and house selling - estate divided between us three daughters and five grandchildren.

When I declare this to DWP, as I shall ; Do I =

Send them a recent bank statement, with covering letter or pop into my local Jobcentre with bank statement and covering letter. Or write to Head Office, Caxton House ?
Many Thanks,
J.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #214195 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP want to see Bank Statement ?
josie

First of all this is only an issue if you are receiving an income related benefit such as ESA(IR).

You need to contact the DWP office dealing with any IR benefit you receive. or if the claim is in a partners name, the office dealing with their claim.

I would expect you to receive a letter confirming any inheritance that you will be receiving, I would include a copy of this. If this amount will take your total assets and savings over £6000 then I would include bank statement for all of your accounts providing they include the inheritance.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #215310 by weymouth321
Replied by weymouth321 on topic DWP want to see Bank Statement ?
Thank you Gordon,
My eldest sister is the Executor and deposited £ 10,000 into my bank account yesterday.
I note this takes me over the £ 6,000 .
Having failed the ESA WCA in February 2018, I wasn't well enough to go to court, ( the decision maker rang me and upheld the assessors decision ).
Assessor was a physiotherapist, and scored me 9 points.
I wasn't well enough, due to my wonder Rheumatoid drug, for a few years, was found no longer effective - Rheu Consultant has since changed my meds.
Therefore, I rang DWP and started claiming Universal Credit , from May.
Fast forward - I note you advise sending letter confirming inheritance; to include copy.
Total inheritance is in my Current Bank Account, so just send copy of this ?
Many Thanks,
J.

More
6 years 2 months ago #215311 by weymouth321
Hello Gordon,
Just read a recent post re assets in forum.
To add, I was receiving IR ESA, until DWP stopped this 1st May. Then started claiming UC.
Mother's inheritance is going to take me over £16,000.
Shall this affect my Council Tax, as DDA, not pay any ? ( Council class me as " Vulnerable Adult " )
Any further advice greatly appreciated.
J.

More
6 years 2 months ago #215320 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP want to see Bank Statement ?
Josie

Universal Credit is also affected by your savings so you need to notify them as well, ditto for your Housing Benefit. Savings of more than £16,000 usually means that you will not receive HB.

Yes, a copy of the inheritance letter will be fine.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 1 month ago #215972 by weymouth321
Thank you Gordon,
I wrote a letter to the area DWP centre, first class, 26th July, that deals with my UC claim, informing them of our late mother's death and inheritance, including taking me over £ 16,000.
I have heard nothing to date.

Shall I inform them on my personal UC DWP account ?

Payments of UC are 10th of each month.

Plus, I am still waiting for my sister ( whom is the Executor ), for a copy of the Solicitors headed Inheritance letter. She has not sent me this. Instead, she herself, has typed and emailed me a " Completion Statement ". ( of sale of house ).
This just a breakdown of Solicitor and Estate Agent fees.

I need to ask her again, yes ? ( bit annoyed with her ).

Many Thanks,

J.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.