× Members

DWP want to see Bank Statement ?

More
6 years 2 months ago #215983 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP want to see Bank Statement ?
Josie

Yes, I would log this on your UC Journal, what we are trying to do is prevent an overpayment of your UC.

It's outside of my area of expertise but you need an official statement of the inheritance, I don't think that an email will be sufficient.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #216324 by weymouth321
Replied by weymouth321 on topic DWP want to see Bank Statement ?
Thank you Gordon,
Yes, I left a message on my UC Journal for my work coach - informing her of Mother's inheritance taking me over £ 16,000. She informed her Case Manager whom stopped my UC from immediate effect. ( She messaged me back ).
Though, neither have asked for the official statement of inheritance to date.
Shall I receive such a letter requesting this in a week or two ?
Many Thanks,
J.

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #216338 by Gordon
Josie

Any Decision to suspend your UC payments has to be notified in writing, it usually takes 7-10 days for a letter to be produced and sent.

The letter should confirm any documentation that they want.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #218894 by weymouth321
Replied by weymouth321 on topic DWP want to see Bank Statement ?
Hello Gordon,
Still no letter from DWP, though, they confirmed my UC account closed online, & no longer able to access it now.

I'm still receiving LRC DLA.

Since claiming ESA, then UC from 2011 ; I've accumulated 7 files of DWP paperwork - Should I keep all of this paperwork, and if so, for how long ?

Thanking you,

J.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #218903 by Gordon
Josie

I know it's a pain but I would keep them.

I'm a hoarder so I'm not the best person to ask but if you are expecting your savings to reduce so that you might be able to claim again then I would keep everything until then at the least.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.