× Members

esa questions

More
5 years 11 months ago #214342 by Charlie
esa questions was created by Charlie
hi gordon i have a couple of questions if i may. i am in the support group for mental health. i was given 10 points for mobility pip.. unable to undertake any journey. also 2 points each for prompting to wash or bathe; dressing and undressing, mixing with other people; cooking a meal and assistance making budgeting desicions. my aim is to be put back into the supporr group. so 2 questions:

should i just enclose my statement of entitlement
showing i cant perform 2 consecutive actions or should i send the esa people the nurses report also.?

does needing prompting for the above equate to being unable to perfoem 2 consecutive actions according to esa jargon?.

kind regards and good to see you back

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #214358 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa questions
Charlie

I think you should be cautious with this although I can see where you are coming from with this and there is certainly some cross over with starting or initiating tasks but there is the implication that having received the promoting then you are able to complete the task.

Also, the prompting for PIP is specific to the activity whereas ESA is looking at tasks in a far more general sense.

So, I would use the PIP report but you will need to explain your problems almost as if the report does not exist and in detail.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 11 months ago #214435 by Charlie
Replied by Charlie on topic esa questions
good afternoon gordon; further to my previous questions. the esa50 doesn't ask questions where i feel i can go into depth about why i have mental health problems but inparticular what has caused them. when i completed my pip forms i wrote multiple pages explaining what had caused them to give the assessor and desicion maker a good insight into my life events. can i do the same with the esa50?. kind regards

More
5 years 11 months ago #214470 by Gordon

Charlie wrote: good afternoon gordon; further to my previous questions. the esa50 doesn't ask questions where i feel i can go into depth about why i have mental health problems but inparticular what has caused them. when i completed my pip forms i wrote multiple pages explaining what had caused them to give the assessor and desicion maker a good insight into my life events. can i do the same with the esa50?. kind regards

You can include whatever information that you feel is relevant to your claim but understand you are being scored on your ability to complete the PIP activities so you need to concentrate on this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 11 months ago #214474 by Charlie
Replied by Charlie on topic esa questions
gordon it us esa forms i'm now completing. is it the same advice? kind regards

More
5 years 11 months ago #214484 by Gordon

Charlie wrote: gordon it us esa forms i'm now completing. is it the same advice? kind regards

I'm sorry but the comment still applies (to ESA).

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.