× Members

PIP and Pets

More
5 years 10 months ago #214433 by laura.dorans
PIP and Pets was created by laura.dorans
i have 1 cat and I have a pip assessment on Tuesday can they judge you for having pets and use it against you, I do live on my own, it gets 1 meal a day and is easy to look after and is an indoor cat due to the area I live in

scottishlemonade

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #214468 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP and Pets

scottishfruits wrote: i have 1 cat and I have a pip assessment on Tuesday can they judge you for having pets and use it against you, I do live on my own, it gets 1 meal a day and is easy to look after and is an indoor cat due to the area I live in

It's not impossible that they will make some assumptions, less so for a cat than a dog but it realty depends on your problems with the PIP activities.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 10 months ago #214533 by velet
Replied by velet on topic PIP and Pets
In the case of claiming for mental health grounds I'd heard that sometimes even having a cat can count against you as it can be considered that you must be well enough to care for your pet & thieir daily needs. Due to this I chose not to admit to having a cat, even though a neighbour comes down once a day to check if cat or me is in need of any assistance & cares for him when I'm not able to.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris