× Members

is it too late really?

More
6 years 2 months ago #214434 by capainFAIRY
is it too late really? was created by capainFAIRY
I received my PIP decision it had been delivered the first week of an admission in hospital. Unfortunately I was 1 point short of the enhanced care rate. I found that to unbelievable as for the previous 10 years I have been high rate everything due to health etc etc. So I was going to ask for another assessors decision, but I went straight back into hosp as an emergency admission and lost another week of their time limit. I contacted them on Friday and said that the GP report had not been included as I had asked them too, this she agreed and that I would like another decision maker to look at my case but I only had until today to get my reasons to them. She said herself that I couldnt possibly do that time limitation etc. So I informed her that the guy that did my medical had stopped me from informing him of my nuerological diagnosed problem, no mention on their form. Plus other things he dismissed and wouldnt record. Now I am still unwell and havent slept for 2 nights with the worry of it all. I expect to be possibly readmitted hip replacement thats gone wrong. What can I do, my mind is racing and Im in a sheer deepset panic and I cannot think. Its unfair that its happend at this time, its also unfair that I am 1 point short of what should be awarded. My own GP, I do not see anyone else but him has had to be off from work for a month and I doubt very much if that was submitted by the surgery. I feel like I am having a breakdown.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #214469 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic is it too late really?
capainFAIRY

You can make a Late request for an MR providing you can explain the delay, your being in hospital should be accepted as Good Cause.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: capainFAIRY

More
6 years 2 months ago #214560 by capainFAIRY
Replied by capainFAIRY on topic is it too late really?
Gordon you do not know how that pleases me. They are so so rude Atos, just my luck. Well I have just had a phone call from my hosp I have to go to a&e urgently now as I have a 'superbug' in my new hip joint. Gordon I am so so worried about the Atos crowd but now at least I can say Im back in hosp give me an extended deadline. Thats the bloody affect they have, Atos worry over a&e, ridiculous isnt it. I am also going to see if Age UK will deal with their correspondence from now on, Im just not well enoughto cope with anything. Love you all Ben and work best site I ever ever found. Will give you an update on my case.x
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
6 years 2 months ago #214777 by capainFAIRY
Yesterday I received a letter from the Industrial Injuries Board, I had contacted them a couple of weeks ago asking for confirmation from them, copy of their award letter anything basically to prove that they gave me a Lifetime award for Loss of faculty in my upper limbs. I didnt hold much hope. But yesterday the letter in its brown envelope did indeed state that award, it was done in 1998 for life! I am amazed at this department, for once I dont feel let down in fact I feel elated that they could get their hands on the info. They were also very kind. So now I have proof from them also that I cannot use my upper limbs to wash, cook etc. I dont want to presume too early but I cried yesterday whilst thinking bingo. I see my GP at 7.45am tomorrow, I dont think there is a GP factual report, although I have asked in writing for it again. Then onto Age UK who are going to do my correspondence etc, I am due to go back into hospital again for another op, lets hope this all gets finalised before then. x
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
6 years 1 month ago #216260 by capainFAIRY
NO its never too late. I had been in hosp when the PIP forms arrived, sent home riddled with staph A, MRSA is it no wonder I coudnt think straight. I have been a ben and work member for some years so I knew what I had to do, read the literature on your site, update myself etc, but I couldnt retain it. I went off to Age UK and I must say they filled in my blank mind sent a letter of explanation to PIP. My GP factural report never existed, they lied. MY GP had been away on hol came back and bam wrote me a full Gp factural report, up to date and from the GP who has been lookng after me for 4 years.
I have been thinking its not going to happen get yourself in a state for tribunal, dont mind been there once before and won.But today the brown envelope arrived my guts fell to the floor, I have opened it and they have sent me my Mandatory Reconsideration notice, I am being backdated daily living - enhanced and mobility stayed the same enhanced. These are until May 2020. Iam pleased as I thought Id be getting ready for tribunal as I am due to go back into hosp possibly. Well I have a new folder and Im getting everything put away medical reports etc as and when I receive them, I shall update their next form and be ready, I am not going to be beaten down by idiots that get paid to shoot us down and not give the consideration etc they should. WELL THANK YOU BEN & WORK, GORDON MY STAR.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.