× Members

Sudden Face to Face PIP Request - 2 days notice

More
5 years 11 months ago #214501 by Andrew Henshaw
Sudden Face to Face PIP Request - 2 days notice was created by Andrew Henshaw
I had a call earlier to ask me to attend a face to face interview in 2 days time.

I have not had any paperwork recently (last was about a year ago). Is it usual to have an interview request pop out of the blue like this, I would have thought I would have had to fill out the how things have changed form first.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #214512 by Gordon
A

No, it is not usual for an assessment to be booked without a PIP2 or an AR1 form being issued, although there is no legal requirement for one to be sent to the claimant.

I would check with the DWP office that is dealing with your claim as to what is going on, I have heard of several occasions where the claimant was contacted by IAS or Capita when there was not actually a reassessment process going on.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew Henshaw

More
5 years 11 months ago #214564 by Andrew Henshaw
Replied by Andrew Henshaw on topic Sudden Face to Face PIP Request - 2 days notice
The DWP said it was correct, I am due an assesment.

They are keen, they called again today to confirm my attendance. Should I not have been given 7 days notice, and notice in writing? I don't like things when they are not on paper, this is such a rush to get my care coordinator in etc.

More
5 years 11 months ago #214569 by Gordon
A

From your post, you appear to have accepted a short notice appointment and waived your right to seven days notice.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 11 months ago #214667 by Andrew Henshaw
Replied by Andrew Henshaw on topic Sudden Face to Face PIP Request - 2 days notice
I didn't realise at the time, it was all rather sudden and only a 1 min 42 second call in total. I have problems on the phone anyway, it's so unusual for me to even answer a call thats not from my wife.

Anyway, had the interview. The young girl was very nice, just seemed to concentrate on a couple of points and then said she would type it up and send it to a decision maker so I guess I will find out in due course.

More
5 years 11 months ago #214671 by Gordon
A

You should be able to request a copy of the assessment report next week by contacting the DWP office dealing with your claim.

A Decision should be 3-5 weeks.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris