× Members

Medical evidence

More
6 years 2 months ago #214952 by ann
Medical evidence was created by ann
I have just found out from my daughters GP surgery that they were never contacted from the DWP for an update regarding my daughters condition. The GP stated that it is quite normal for the assessments for PIP to go ahead without up to date medical information. Is this accurate or is this now a common practice that decisions from DWP are now being made without up to date information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #214957 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Medical evidence

ann wrote: I have just found out from my daughters GP surgery that they were never contacted from the DWP for an update regarding my daughters condition. The GP stated that it is quite normal for the assessments for PIP to go ahead without up to date medical information. Is this accurate or is this now a common practice that decisions from DWP are now being made without up to date information.

Have a read of the following

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3721-huge...pip-medical-evidence

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #215016 by ann
Replied by ann on topic Medical evidence
Thank you Gordon and wow I really thought the GP must have got this wrong . Unbelievable that they are making decisions normally on a 0 points basis without any evidence.Given that I have requested a mandatory reconsideration will they have to now look at the medical evidence or is it usual for them to still go full steam ahead making unreliable decisions?

More
6 years 2 months ago #215031 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Medical evidence

ann wrote: Given that I have requested a mandatory reconsideration will they have to now look at the medical evidence or is it usual for them to still go full steam ahead making unreliable decisions?

An MR should result in a new DM reviewing all of the medical evidence available for the claim however I do have to warn you that revision rates at MR are very low, they do happen but most usually where the claimant has shown fundamental flaws with the report, this goes beyond just highlighting issues with the report.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.