× Members

PIP reduction due to moving home..please advise

More
5 years 11 months ago #215100 by craig41
I was awarded thePIP enhanced daily component in January of this year which is to be reviewed in January 2020. I am also claiming ESA but waiting for my tribunal hearing as I was deemed for work in January of this year(previously i was in the support group)
I am looking to move home which would mean moving to a different council(currently in receipt of full housing benefit) I have read somewhere that moving could result in my PIP being stopped/reduced. Is this correct, and if so, could it affect my ESA monies too?
Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #215127 by Gordon
Craig

Moving house will have no effect on your PIP award, however, if you move to a Full Service Universal Credit Area then the only way for you to claim Housing Benefit is through UC, a claim for UC will mean that any Income Related ESA that you receive will also be transferred to UC.

If you currently receive any ESA Premiums then you will lost these.

There are plans to prevent ESA claimants receiving Premiums from having to claim UC and there are also plans to recompense claimants that have had to, but none of these plans have been implemented yet.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 11 months ago #215138 by craig41
Thanks Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.