× Members

pip

More
6 years 2 months ago #215202 by js
pip was created by js
Got a few questions about descriptors
1 showering and bathing firstly I have a wet room and shower seat and have carers who help shower me as I cannot manage to wash my lower half so do I tick for equipment as well as needing assistance for showering lower half.

2 dressing I struggle to get my socks on and struggle to get my bras on and do not wear anything with zips or buttons as struggle doing them up where would that apply

my form has to be in by 12th August however i have an appointment in specalised clinic at drs surgery on 10th August and will recieve a care plan what do i do about getting an extentison

finally othe information apart from my carers writing letters and Gp my sister and vicar and someone from a mental health charity are writing letters is it ok to send in extra letters from other people who know me

J

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #215233 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip
Jackie

1. You will need to show that you require the wet room in order to shower, that you cannot use a standard bath or shower due to your disabilities. the same with the shower seat.

2. OK so from your post, the issue is that you appear to be able to complete these activities so I think you will struggle to score points, however, remember that you need to be able to complete the activities reliably and on the majority of days.

Contact the DWP office dealing with your claim, you should be able to get a two-week extension without any difficulty.

You can send whatever evidence that you think is relevant to your claim. If friends and family write then they need to include their name and address, how they know you and how often they see, the problems they have seen you have with completing the PIP activities and lastly they need attest that the information that they have supplied is correct to the best of their abilities and sign the letter.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #215287 by js
Replied by js on topic pip
I caint manage the activity of washing my lower half below the waist I have a carer to do it for me after she assists me in the shower she applys cream as the skin in the groin area becomes inflamed and is at risk of breaking down so do I tick box for shower seat as well as not being able to wash below waist also where do I mention about carers needing to apply cream

J

More
6 years 2 months ago #215295 by Gordon
Jackie

Yes, you could tick the box for needing an aid.

The cream would come under 3. Managing therapy or monitoring a health condition.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #215302 by js
Replied by js on topic pip
as I caint wash below waist would I tick that as well as aid or just tick aid as I can not wash below the waist my carers have to do it for me

J

More
6 years 2 months ago #215304 by Gordon

jackie sallis wrote: as I caint wash below waist would I tick that as well as aid or just tick aid as I can not wash below the waist my carers have to do it for me

Tick both and explain in the comments section.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: js

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.