× Members

ESA Stopped no letter

More
5 years 11 months ago #215206 by kez
ESA Stopped no letter was created by kez
Hi
I won an appeal for ESA in September 2017 and was placed in the support group for 2 years (income related)
I have had a bank statement today and my last payment was made on 29th of June so they have missed the payment on 11th July with one due this week coming if I get it.
I have not received any letter or phone call as far as im aware giving a reason why it would stop.
i have just had an operation (1st July) not really related to my condition which im sure i made them aware off in the past but most certainly 2-3 weeks prior to going for the operation to see if i could claim taxi costs back and they give me the address to send it to for rembursement. i was in hospital as a day case if that matters.

Is there any reason my payments would stop without warning as this as left me in a right mess

Thanks for any help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #215237 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Stopped no letter
Kez

There is nothing from your post that would result in your ESA being stopped or even suspended, all I can suggest is that you contact the DWP for an explanation.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 11 months ago #215278 by kez
Replied by kez on topic ESA Stopped no letter
Hi Gordon and thanks for your reply
I couldn't believe when I decided phone Sunday morning on the off chance as in a right state with no sleep Saturday night,. I went through all the options and a lady answered the phone within a couple of minutes.
(may be useful for others to know in case they need to contact them over a weekend I believe there is limited service until 3pm according to the automated recording)

Anyway the lady asked all the usual sercurity questions and put me on hold for a few minutes while she looked into my query, then told me some information got downloaded to the system and stopped payment and needed to be cleared which she as done. My payment will be in my bank today for the missed payment on 13th july and my next as normal on the 27th July with no further issues :-)

She didnt say what got downloaded in error just happens sometimes. not to rock the boat, just wondering if it had something to do a change of medical condition different to what i was claiming for which led to hospital operation although i did tell them 2 weeks before going into hospital when asked about claiming taxi costs back or the fact i sent them a £60 bill for taxi fares which i was told todo and i did and they would a received it just before the last payment my last payment.. Still wobdering if i should have done this ?

not sure if i will get my travel costs back but better to loose them than my esa payment.

Gordon but you dont think this would have affected it ?

More
5 years 11 months ago #215288 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Stopped no letter
Kez

If they have released the outstanding payments then I would not worry about it, the ESA system needs little excuse to suspend payments, none of the things that you mention in your post are reason for your ESA to be suspended.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 11 months ago #215301 by kez
Replied by kez on topic ESA Stopped no letter
Thank you for the reassurance, I think what pooped me up was when I read on the government website that they can stop payments for not reporting a different medical condition, Although with being in the support group its not as if I could get anymore money and its not as if my original condition as got worse

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.