× Members

Chasing Carers Alllowance application progress

More
6 years 2 months ago #215323 by bbzpda
Anyone know how to call DWP to check on progress on a Carers Allowance application?

Is there a general helpline or one specifically for CA?

It is now 8 weeks since they received my application and I am slowly going mad...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #215326 by Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #215328 by bbzpda
thanks!

More
6 years 2 months ago #215331 by bbzpda
So, the number is: 0800 731 0297

The first message you get is that there is a long wait at the moment for assessments and they are taking up to 8 weeks. So don't bother us until then.

As I have been waiting 8 weeks, I stayed on the line.

Long wait for an advisor, but finally spoke to someone. Quite helpful. I am still being assessed and my stuff is with a caseworker. Possibly 2 more weeks.

This waiting drives us all mad!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.