× Members

ESA IR to pension Credit and now to state pension

More
6 years 2 months ago #215443 by redgt9
Hi I have a question please,
I have been on ESA IR for a few years since they change me over from IVB.
Now back at the end June last year they changed it to pension Credit, I'm 65 at the beginning of August this year which will mean I will no longer be able to claim what I'm getting at the moment because I will put on to state pension. I have been told this is a 4 weekly payment, at the moment I am on a 2 weekly payment, if this is true I might have financial problems. If possible can you let me know. Thank you.
Graham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #215456 by Gordon
redgt9

Just to confirm, your Pension Credit will only cease if your State Pension and any other income you receive is more than the PC.

Yes, the State Pension is paid every four weeks, I can't see any option to have it paid more frequently but it is worth asking the DWP if it can.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: redgt9

More
6 years 2 months ago #215482 by pixie01
I was on esa paid every 2wks gone on to state pension from 24 th July and still been paid every to 2 weeks and I did not ask
The following user(s) said Thank You: redgt9

More
6 years 2 months ago #215495 by redgt9
Gordon, thank you very much for your reply. best regards Graham

More
6 years 2 months ago #215496 by redgt9
pixie01, thank you for help also..

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid