× Members

PIP face to face

More
6 years 2 months ago #215468 by angie1707
PIP face to face was created by angie1707
I wondered could you give me some advice please. I sent in my pip2 form in 7 weeks ago and was told a few weeks ago it was with the assessment provider. I phoned up last Tuesday to be informed i have to go for a medical due to my worsening condition. They told me they casn't arrange a medical at home as i have an autism condition that affects me as i have outbursts. My GP wrote me a letter and i sent them this Tuesday. I have sent other letters regarding the face to face that i am unwell and am requesting a paper based assessment. The GP wrote i have autism and severe anxiety and really struggle to communicate. She is stating how much the interview would affect my mental health and i have chronic fatigue syndrome too. She mentions how she has started me on Sertraline and referred me to see a psychiatrist as i was having a suicidal ideation. At the end of the letter she says 'I would be grateful if you would look at her paper based evidence, including the litter i wrote, and make a decision this way as i feel she would not cope with a face to face assessment. What do you think of this and could it help? They said it would be referred to a case manage. i am feeling very anxious and hoping they see all this evidence before the appointment letter comes through.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #215469 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP face to face
Angie

If your GP has identified a risk of physical or mental harm if you are required to attend a face to face appointment then it should definitely help as long as you have provided sufficient information in and with your PIP2.

You should also consider involving your MP, they can often tip the balance on a Paper-Based Review being done or not.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #215474 by Ellen
Replied by Ellen on topic PIP face to face
I was in a similar situation ( ASD/anxiety plus anorexia ) my go wrote asking about a paper assessment but no luck -although I did get a home visit one instead

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.