× Members

Work Capability Assessment UC/50

More
6 years 2 months ago #215506 by D
Hi Gordon

I have just phoned the Assessment Centre to find out when my Medical Assessment should be and to my amazement they said I don't have to attend a Medical Assessment because they have enough information and that they have sent my claim back to the DWP to make a decision. My UC/50 claim is for Mental Health problems.

Now Im assumming this is a good sign if I dont have to attend a Medical Assessment or is it still possible that the DWP could contact me saying Im fit for work or is it more likely that they will get in touch to say what Group I'm in. This has thrown be out a bit as i was fully preparing myself to go for a Medical. What do you think the possible outcome of this could me??

Many thanks for all your assistance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #215516 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Work Capability Assessment UC/50
D

As far as I am aware the "rules" that prevent a Fit for Work Decision without a face to face assessment, still apply to UC, so at this stage I think you are looking at either a Limited Capability for Work or Limited Capability for Work Related Activity Decision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #215517 by D
Replied by D on topic Work Capability Assessment UC/50
Thank you Gordon

More
6 years 1 month ago #215528 by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar
Replied by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar on topic Work Capability Assessment UC/50
D.

That sounds like good news that you don't have to have an assessment. I wonder if you could tell me how long you've been waiting before you phoned up Maximus please.

I was formely known as (GoingOffMyHeadWithThisGovernment) Won PIP November 2017 ongoing award HR both. Now kept and got my ESA Support group but took a while.

More
6 years 1 month ago #215534 by D
Replied by D on topic Work Capability Assessment UC/50
Hi

They received my form around 5 weeks ago so I first phoned them up after about 2 weeks and then at 4 weeks but no decision was made and when I called today they said I don't have to go for a assessment.
Hope this helps

More
6 years 1 month ago #215545 by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar
Replied by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar on topic Work Capability Assessment UC/50

D wrote: Hi

They received my form around 5 weeks ago so I first phoned them up after about 2 weeks and then at 4 weeks but no decision was made and when I called today they said I don't have to go for a assessment.
Hope this helps

Thanks D. All In all pretty quick.

They've had my ESA50 reassessment form and evidence at Maximus since 18th June six weeks this Monday and Heard nothing as yet and I don't really want to phone them either, they give me the creeps.

I was formely known as (GoingOffMyHeadWithThisGovernment) Won PIP November 2017 ongoing award HR both. Now kept and got my ESA Support group but took a while.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid