× Members

DLA ending transfer to PIP

More
6 years 1 month ago #215929 by somers438
DLA ending transfer to PIP was created by somers438
Hello, I have sent in my 'how your disability affects you' form in with full details about my disability. which I have had since 1971. I could not get an appointment with my GP so had to send it in without any GP comments. I have now received a letter back to say that I will need to attend a face to face assessment on 20 August. The first appointment I could get with my GP is on the 14th of August. Should I ask my GP To try to provide a letter for me to take with me to the assessment or just attend the assessment without any evidence, then await for a decision? If the decision is not what I expected, then should I then appeal but send in any Doctors comment at an appeal hearing? Also, should I attend the assessment alone or with someone else to take notes/support me? what is best? Kind regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #215955 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA ending transfer to PIP
S

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

There is absolutely no value in holding evidence back for an appeal, your aim should be to get the right award at the earliest opportunity. So I would ask for the letter now and ask the assessor to read it an include it your file before they continue with the assessment, I would also send a copy to the DWP office dealing with your claim with a covering letter explaining what it is.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.