× Members

Recording an assessment?, procedure?

More
6 years 1 month ago #216032 by Atebite
Recording an assessment?, procedure? was created by Atebite
Recording an assessment?, procedure?

When given a date for a face to face assessment, and you wish to record it with their knowledge,

a) what is the procedure, (before you go out and buy a recorder)

b) write to the IAS department requesting permission?
Is there a a guide on this?

c) What are the pros and cons of recording an interview, compared to not recording it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #216039 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Recording an assessment?, procedure?
Atebite

You need permission in advance from the Assessment Provider to make the recording. I would make the request in writing so there is a paper trail. You need to confirm that the recording will be allowed no more than a couple of days before the appointment as ultimately it is down to the individual assessor.

The recording needs to be made to two tapes of CDs simultaneously.

You cannot use a digital recorder such as a mobile phone.

A member has reported problems if the media is not new, so make sure that the tapes or CDs are still shrink-wrapped and opened in the presence of the assessor.

You need to give one of the recordings to the assessor.

Most members have used two relatively cheap cassette recorders, check that they record without problem, some have used external microphones.

I don't think that are negatives to recording your assessment, as to the positives they may be difficult to realise. Based on what I have seen on the forum recording the interview is unlikely to change the behaviour of the assessor, the DWP will not review the media and the opportunities for use at an appeal are limited.

That said I would still recommend recording if the cost is not prohibitive.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atebite

More
6 years 1 month ago #216070 by Atebite
Replied by Atebite on topic Recording an assessment?, procedure?
Thank you very much Gordon!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.