× Members

Pip - mealsHi

More
6 years 1 month ago #216290 by Jayze
Pip - mealsHi was created by Jayze
Hi,
Please can you tell me if it is true that if you can heat up a ready prepared bought meal in a microwave it is counted as being able to prepare and cook a meal as regards Pip?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #216304 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip - mealsHi

Julie wrote: Hi,
Please can you tell me if it is true that if you can heat up a ready prepared bought meal in a microwave it is counted as being able to prepare and cook a meal as regards Pip?

Thanks

No, this is incorrect. There is still a requirement for the claimant to use fresh ingredients for a meal cooked in a microwave.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jayze

More
6 years 1 month ago #216314 by Jayze
Replied by Jayze on topic Pip - mealsHi
Thanks Gordon.
I am wondering what to do then as the Welfare Rights adviser who has put in my submission for my Tribunal told me that it is definitely so and thus is only claiming 2 points in the submission for preparing and cooking a meal, as she says that as I can put a ready prepared bought meal in a microwave most days I must not try and claim anything more on this activity, but must claim 2 points for aids. She said if I did not do that I would probably lose even the 2 points.

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #216331 by Gordon
Julie

This is your claim and only you profit or lose by its success if you are not happy with the way they are helping then you should make them aware of this.

Do you have problems with using aids for preparing and cooking a meal?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
6 years 1 month ago #216368 by Jayze
Replied by Jayze on topic Pip - mealsHi
Hi Gordon,
My problem is that I have CFS and just do not have the energy to prepare and cook a meal. Thus I am reliant on ready meals.
Also, do you think that tribunals in different parts of the country view the Pip criteria in different ways?

More
6 years 1 month ago #216378 by Gordon
Julie

It strikes me that your claim is being approached from the wrong direction, it's not that you use prepared meals that is the issue it is your inability to prepare and cook a meal from scratch using fresh ingredients that will be assessed.

The PIP Descriptors are defined in law, there should be no variation in how a Tribunal panel, wherever they are, understand that criteria to operate.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.