× Members

Benefits+Pension+tax

More
6 years 1 month ago #216596 by mrs doyle
Benefits+Pension+tax was created by mrs doyle
Hi,please could you advise me,I am 61,I receive Income related Employment and support (support group) benefit.This is my only income (non taxable I believe) I have a pension pot of £30000 which I have left untouched.In the near future I will need to access some money for house repairs etc.I realise I need to keep my savings below £6000 to continue with the benefit and that 25% is tax free but if I were to access say £1000 every 3 months or so (keeping below the £6000 limit),would I be able to do this and would this be tax free as it would be under my personal allowance (£11850)? Thank you for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #216630 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Benefits+Pension+tax
mrsdoyle

I'm sorry but you need to get advice from a trained Financial Advisor, this is not something we can help with on the forum.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.