× Members

Yearly reviews for ESA?

More
6 years 1 month ago #216716 by jpg2502
Yearly reviews for ESA? was created by jpg2502
Hi, are assessment reviews yearly for ESA?
About two years ago I was already in the WRAG and got the ESA forms through the post to start the merry-go-round again, however to my surprise after sending them back, I got a letter saying I was still in the WRAG, and never got called for a medical.
Well a year after that I got the forms through again (last year) and this time I had an assessment, I was not in there for long, and got put in the 'Support Group' after that, well now I have yet more forms through the post, exactly one year later. Nothing has changed, will I get called for another medical?? Or is it possible I will continue in the support group after sending back the forms. I can't see how its helpful to have two medicals in the space of a year!
also can you point me in the direction of ESA guides on the site. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #216728 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Yearly reviews for ESA?
Jay

ESA award can be assessed at any time after three months have elapsed from the previous Decision, periods vary but are a maximum of two years for the WRAG and three years for the Support Group.

I'm afraid it is impossible to say whether you will have a new face to face, the decision is primarily dependent on the level of detail you provide with your form, the assessor needs to feel comfortable that they have sufficient information to make a recommendation to the DWP without seeing you.

The ESA guides are on the following link

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 11 months ago #219797 by jpg2502
Replied by jpg2502 on topic Yearly reviews for ESA?
I have a text message today reminding me of 'work capability assessment' next week. I presume thats for ESA and not PIP? I never received a letter through so am abit bemused.
Do you know what number I can call to confirm?

More
5 years 11 months ago #219820 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Yearly reviews for ESA?

jay wrote: I have a text message today reminding me of 'work capability assessment' next week. I presume thats for ESA and not PIP? I never received a letter through so am abit bemused.
Do you know what number I can call to confirm?

www.chdauk.co.uk/contact-us

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid