× Members

Blue Badge question

More
5 years 8 months ago #217072 by jimbo
Blue Badge question was created by jimbo
Both my wife and myself qualify for blue badges but as only I drive and we have the one car, I have a badge in my name. I am also her full time carer. If I take my wife somewhere she needs, doctors, collect prescriptions etc., I park using my badge while she goes to her appointment etc. It has just occurred to me I may be technically breaching the blue badge rules as I am using My blue badge on HER behalf, albeit as her carer in such instances. Should I just get my wife her own badge for any journeys she needs so I don't fall foul of traffic wardens and suchlike while sitting in my car waiting for my wife to return?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #217082 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Blue Badge question
Jimbo

If you go the appointment with her (i.e. leave the car) then I would expect your use of your Badge to be perfectly valid even though it is not your appointment, however, if you stay in the car then the recommendation, in the pamphlet that accompanies the Badge, is that once you have dropped her off that you park in a non-disabled bay, I don't think that her having a badge would alter this.

What I will say is that I have no idea how likely it is a that a traffic warden or similar would challenge you on this if you were displaying your Badge in the car.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: jimbo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.