× Members

DLA-PIP text message

More
6 years 1 month ago #217160 by wilk
DLA-PIP text message was created by wilk
I sent my pip form in 2weeks ago and received a text the next day saying they had received it and may need me to atend a consultation with a hp before they make their decision and will contact me again if they do. Have heard nothing until today. I received a text sayng they've received the written report of my pip assessment and will write to me once they've made a decision on my pip and as a guide should be within 4 weeks.
Can you tell me what this means. Might I still be called for a medical?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #217167 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA-PIP text message
Wilk

It appears that they have done a Paper Based Review, whilst technically the DWP can still require a face to face to be done I don't think we have seen this happen for PIP.

Decisions are running late due to Summer holidays so I think it more likely that it will be 2-6 weeks.

You should be able to request a copy of the assessment report by contacting the DWP office dealing with your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 1 month ago #217182 by wilk
Replied by wilk on topic DLA-PIP text message
Should I request a copy of tge assessment report now or wait to see if I'm happy with the decision?
Does the assessment report say how many points you've been given?

More
6 years 1 month ago #217190 by Gordon

wilk wrote: Should I request a copy of tge assessment report now or wait to see if I'm happy with the decision?
Does the assessment report say how many points you've been given?

It's entirely up to you :)

Yes, the report should indicate the points scored.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 1 month ago #217217 by wilk
Replied by wilk on topic DLA-PIP text message
Thank you. As it appears I've had a paper based review, is it a PA3 or PA4 report I need to request?

More
6 years 1 month ago #217240 by Gordon

wilk wrote: Thank you. As it appears I've had a paper based review, is it a PA3 or PA4 report I need to request?

You should be able to just ask for the assessment report but it will be a PA3.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.