× Members

Pip

More
6 years 1 month ago #217228 by Lala125
Pip was created by Lala125
Hi,
After 8 months wait on a decision ( longest time ever)
They sent my home visit report to me last week and based on that the points added up to an award. More than my original. The brown letter came Friday and I got the higher award for daily living and lowest for mobility. Happy is an understatement. The not so good part is it is for 2 years ( shortest it has been) with review in June 2018. I’m just not getting a break from the stressful process. Can I ask the DWP to look at the length of award ? I am under healthy minds however I have been on and off - depending on course weeks since 2008. It don’t help because once I leave the room I’m back on my own . My point is I mentioned to capita on my home visit that I’m due to go back for another course and that is her reason for suggesting I am review in a year. I should of explained but been on my own the words did not come out. I feel angry with myself. What can I do I’ve been stressed since Feb when the pip review form came and few weeks ago received my Esa review which needs to be done even though I was put in support group last year. I’m losing hope. I’ve got no energy left for the fight. I’ve worked all my life and now due to ill health I have to fight for help.
Rant over

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #217249 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip
Lala

The award length is part of a PIP Decision so can be challenged but we have not seen huge success with members doing this, your post suggests that your problems are variable and that this is the reason for a shorter award, if this is the case then you may have already undermined your argument for a longer award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lala125

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.