× Members

PiP REVIEW - FACE TO FACE ASSESSMENT DECISION

More
6 years 1 month ago #217253 by sue1906
Hi,
My wife had her face to face assessment for her so called PiP “Review” on July 5th. To be honest, even though the AR1 Review Form is literally a review the assessment is no different to the one she had when making her first claim for PiP. Anyway, it is now EIGHT weeks later and still no decision has been made or received. I phoned DWP at six weeks and told it could take between 8 to 10 weeks for a decision. So, I phoned at 8 weeks only to have my call received by a very despondent operator, who admitted he had done nothing but apologise to people all day long over the excessive wait for a response. He advised it will be nearer the 10 weeks before we receive a response.
However, I then phoned Motability as the lease on my wife’s vehicle runs out next month, the very helpful lady there said she had spoken to claimants who had waited 16 WEEKS!!!!
DWP are at the usual back log once again and failing miserably in advising the people it affects the most. My wife has become very ill over this whole “Review” process and has been referred by her GP to a counsellor as the GP agrees the stress of this process has compounded her stress and anxiety levels that she already suffers with.
Can anyone advise if it is worth writing or phoning DWP again to advise of my wife’s condition and referral? Or will it be a waste of time?
My wife is also waiting for a rescheduled appointment for her ESA face-to-face assessment as her last one was cancelled literally 90 minutes before it was meant to start. And the reason for this, the assessment centre had a back log!
Seems to be some common issues here I feel. If anyone else is or has suffered these delays I would appreciate your contact and/or advice. Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #217255 by Gordon
Sue

If you don't tell them about the referral then they can't take it into account. :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: sue1906

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid