× Members

Esa to universal credit payments

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #217288 by Peter Parker
Esa to universal credit payments was created by Peter Parker
I am in process of moving to universal credit due to moving (only option I had with being offered social housing and needing to vacate former property due to landlord selling) to a new town. I do not know the 'award' as yet, but as my payment for UC falls on 16th of the month and the first payment for me in September, I wonder what happens to the two weeks before that where i am due esa on Friday 14th. I am also due housing benefit Monday 10th. I will probably just have to sit it out and wait, although it's stressful not knowing and I'm stretching finances to the limit waiting as I budget on the pre UC payments. I am worried I will lose out on two weeks money and received an esa letter to my new address about my esa payments which according to that are still the same. It's very confusing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #217299 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa to universal credit payments
Peter

I don't see why you would lose out, the ESA will either be paid and deducted from your UC or not paid and you will receive UC to cover the two week period.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter Parker

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.