× Members

DLA Waiting for money owed

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #217667 by sarahloe
DLA Waiting for money owed was created by sarahloe
Hi,firstly sorry for the long post but need some advice please...

My father had been in receipt of HRM and MRC dla for over 15 years, he was over 70, for MS.
He had been bed bound for approx 6 years but refused to let me reapply to get him high rate care as his social worker told him he could lose all the way the system was going!!
Anyway in January of this year he was forced by his social worker to go into a carehome. He didn't want to go but she removed his care services at home, we're in N Ireland. As he was liable for full nursing home fees as we had been turned down for continuing health care (I'm still fighting this) I reapplied for his DLA to get the HRC.
They stopped all his DLA while they were deciding as they needed the health trust to confirm he was paying his own fees.

Long story short... his condition worsened and he past away at the beginning of May.

I'm still waiting for the decision and the money due as i still have outstanding home fees to pay.

When i phoned them they blame staff shortages but 8 months for a straight forward claim!!

Who else can i go to?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #217670 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA Waiting for money owed
Bluemoon

I would try contacting your MLA or failing that your MP

www.niassembly.gov.uk/your-mlas/

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: sarahloe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.