× Members

one time oppertunity

More
6 years 5 days ago #218234 by trav2412
one time oppertunity was created by trav2412
Am I right in thinking that if someone was under the age of 65 and on DLA middle rate care and lower rate mobility and are now being transferred over to PIP and are over the age of 65 then they have a one time opportunity to access the enhanced rates of both the components

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 days ago #218260 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic one time oppertunity
Trav

So anybody receiving DLA and under the age of 65 on 8 April 2013 for the UK mainland and 20 June 2016 for Northern Ireland will be invited to claim PIP if they are over the age of 65 or State Retirement Age, whichever is the higher at the time, then that will be their only opportunity to claim PIP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 4 days ago #218291 by trav2412
Replied by trav2412 on topic one time oppertunity
Gordon, perhaps I didn't explain enough my query is that under that criteria then they are able to access the enhanced pip rates for the first time even though they are over 65

More
6 years 3 days ago #218299 by Gordon

trav2412 wrote: Gordon, perhaps I didn't explain enough my query is that under that criteria then they are able to access the enhanced pip rates for the first time even though they are over 65

The PIP Transitional Provisions suspend the requirement for the claimant to be under the qualifying age in order to receive a PIP award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: trav2412, TheMerlin486

More
6 years 3 days ago #218310 by trav2412
Replied by trav2412 on topic one time oppertunity
So previously for example anyone who received say lower rate DLA or standard rate PIP mobility and request a change of circumstances after they reach 65 or if it is their second or more PIP assessment they cannot go from a lower/standard mobility award to an enhanced mobility PIP award, but when they are told by the DWP that their DLA is ending and they need to apply for PIP and have reached the age of 65 or over and their mobility needs are greater then and only then they could go from lower rate DLA mobility to enhanced mobility rate PIP

More
6 years 3 days ago #218320 by Gordon
Trav

This only applies to a transfer from DLA to PIP.

Reporting a Change when receiving DLA and meeting the eligibility criteria for transfer will result in an invitation to claim PIP and the Transitional Regulations will apply.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid