× Members

Medical report abbreviations help please?

More
6 years 3 days ago #218359 by Johninpain
Medical report abbreviations help please? was created by Johninpain
I need help with some medical report abbreviations please
Io is informal observations ?
What is mso

OA
Hoc
Soh
Mse
FH
I am trying to help my mum but almost the whole report is based on abbreviations?

Many thanks
Sarah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 days ago #218372 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Medical report abbreviations help please?
John

These are all the codes that I have

CQ – Claimant Questionnaire
FE – Further Evidence
FH – Functional History
FME – Further Medical Evidence
FRR4 – Telephone contact form
HOC – History of Conditions
MSE – either Mental State Examination or MusculoSkeletal Examination depending on context
IO – Informal Observations
POI – Proof of Identity
SOH – Social & Occupational History

Could OA be Osteoarthritis?

MSO could be Medical Services Observations which means Capita or IAS (ATOS)

Gordon.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: HQ7828

More
6 years 3 days ago #218373 by Johninpain
Replied by Johninpain on topic Medical report abbreviations help please?
Thank you very much the health professional said in the mso she doesn't show signs of a,b,c but then on the next page said she declined the mso ( which she didn't) is all very confusing thank you very much
Sarah

More
6 years 2 days ago #218389 by Sick&Tired
Replied by Sick&Tired on topic Medical report abbreviations help please?
Hi,

On my PA4 (PIP assessment report) the assessor has written out what his abbreviations are in the box on the front page, and he says MSO = Musculoskeletal Observations.

Best wishes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zachariasl

More
6 years 8 hours ago #218524 by Johninpain
Replied by Johninpain on topic Medical report abbreviations help please?
Sickandtired thank you very much that helps alot the person doing my medical didn't show her abbreviations and didn't even log the physical examination she stated mum denied it but I recorded the whole thing on my phone so have a vocal record of the whole assessment also I realised last night that no cognitive number type tests were performed?
But thank you very much sickandtired

More
6 years 4 hours ago #218541 by Sick&Tired
Replied by Sick&Tired on topic Medical report abbreviations help please?
Hi Johninpain,
I recorded my assessment too (with permission) and still the assessor put on the report that I refused to consent to the musculoskeletal examination whereas on the tape I clearly say twice that I'm willing to give it a go. In actual fact he was talking me out of it saying he didn't want me falling over and he could see how tired I was. I think they use the term Musculoskeletal 'Observations' so they can say they saw you scratch the top of your head etc. and use that as though it's an actual test.
So pleased you recorded the assessment though, it's best for peace of mind and confidence challenging their 'inaccuracies'. I found it has helped so much to be aware of things I would never have noticed at the time.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.