× Members

Rec’d ESA (IR) backpay, but now.......

More
6 years 2 days ago #218362 by Blondie
Help needed please.......

I was one of the fortunate ESA claimants who received two lots of IR backpay in June & Sept this year, which related to initial backpay date of Oct 2014 and then back to Oct 2011 when IB was changed over to ESA.
So I now receive both CB and IR ESA payments every fortnight.

Within the ESA, I have always been in the Support Group and not the Work Related Group due to my disabilities/diagnosis.

Now, just over two weeks after receiving the final backpay amount, I have been sent an ESA50 04/17 to complete and return to the Health Assessment Advisory Service by 23rd Oct.
The title on both the letter and the form states it is a “Capability For Work Questionnaire”.

The letter states that the assessment of my form and medical evidence is to help them
decide if I am capable of doing some work, they need to assess the effects of my health conditions, illnesses or disabilities have on how I can do things in a daily basis.
My healthcare professional is responsible for providing the DWP with an assessment of how i can do things on a daily basis.
The decision maker is responsible for deciding whether you have a limited capability for work or are now capable of some work.
It also states that once the Assessment Provider receives my completed form, they may contact me to arrange an appointment for a F2F assessment.

I really don’t understand why they have suddenly sent me this form?
After all these years of being in the Support Group?
Has anyone else received this pack on here after receiving IR backpay?

Does this mean that they are looking at changing me over
I don’t feel up to ringing them, the arrival of this pack has already sent my anxiety and stress levels off, so I thought I would seek advice on here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 days ago #218374 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Rec’d ESA (IR) backpay, but now.......
Blondie

All ESA claims are reassessed on a regular basis the maximum time between assessments for the SG is three years but there have been deferments and the claimant is not always contacted when an assessment is done if the Assessment Provider is able to source information from their medical contacts.

So this is a normal reassessment of your claim, you need to treat the ESA50 as you would for a new claim and complete the form in detail, you should also supply any evidence in support of your claim as you can.

Please refer to our ESA Claim guide for assistance with the form

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

If you have any specific questions then reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 days ago #218378 by Blondie
Replied by Blondie on topic Rec’d ESA (IR) backpay, but now.......
Ah, I understand now. Think I got a tad paranoid there. Thankyou for your clarification Gordon.
Can’t remember exactly, however, thinking about it, it’s certainly a number of years since my last review.
Cheers for the link, I will deffo be using the contents to help me complete the form.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid