× Members

PIP DWP and Tribunal

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #218387 by Caz
PIP DWP and Tribunal was created by Caz
I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else, (assessment in Feb I lost my help at home payment previously had the high award and put down to standard payment previously high for getting around) I applied to the Tribunal service with my appeal in June and was told it could be up to 36 weeks before I get a hearing in Sheffield. In the meantime it took DWP 6 weeks to reply to the tribunal, then they sent me copies of the evidence also sent to tribunal for appealing my appeal, part of their evidence misnamed me even misgendered me with a male name I had never heard of. Also I have sent to DWP and tribunal more recent x-ray results of my worsening condition in three areas.
Then this morning I receive a letter from DWP saying they now have all information needed to see if they can award me PIP. I phoned the tribunal service in case they had made a decision but they haven't, however I was told it is rare but not unheard of for the DWP to look at a case again so that they don't need to wait for a tribunal decision which they believe may go against them, todays DWP letter arrives a month after I told the the tribunal in written evidence (also copy to DWP) that I have a protected identity and I believe this may have been breached.
Regards
Carol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #218403 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP DWP and Tribunal
C

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

A number of members have reported receiving these letters when appealing, we believe that they are being sent in error or that the wrong letter is being requested to be sent, they are probably being triggered by information being sent by the TS to the DWP as part of your appeal.

The DWP can revise their Decision before your appeal is heard, this is most likely to happen after they received your submission or in the week before your hearing.

You mention a deterioration in your conditions, please be aware that the Tribunal and the DWP cannot consider this, they can only look at your conditions and limitations as they were at the time of the Decision you have appealed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid