× Members

WCA form ESA50 .. retired on ill health.

More
6 years 2 days ago #218432 by Poppypoppy
WCA form ESA50 .. retired on ill health. was created by Poppypoppy
Hi. I'm looking for some advice please.
I received a form to complete ESA 50. I initially thought that it had been sent in error as I was retired on ill health many years ago on total incapacity on my private pension and this is awarded on the basis that I am unable to hold down any gainful employment before National Pension Age. However, CAB told me I had to fill it in, even though I'm in the support group contribution based ESA and despite the pension.
The CAB completed the form, then I used your guide to add bits as they really didn't write much.
The GPs who know me well have left the surgery. I do not think I will get any help from there. I have written to my consultant but as yet have had no reply.
As I had a day to complete the form, due to me being on holiday when it arrived, and me then wasting time thinking it had been sent in error, I have had trouble gathering medical evidence, copies of prescriptions etc.
Will they take into account the old medical evidence I enclosed that was from my pension application? 2011? And will they take any notice of the grounds of my pension - enhanced as I was found incapable of holding down any gainful employment in the future due to my numerous progressive and degenerative conditions ? If any letter of support comes from the consultant now after sending the form back can I send it in? And how long do they take before contacting you about a decision and / or assessment please?
Sorry for the long post. My head has been scrambled since I had the WCA form sent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 day ago #218448 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WCA form ESA50 .. retired on ill health.
PP

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

You can use the evidence from 2011 but you will need to explain why it is still relevant to your conditions and limitations as they are now, you also need to relate it to the ESA activities to help you score points.

I don't believe that your receiving a pension is relevant, I hope you have notified the DWP that you are receiving this, ESA is awarded because you meet specific criteria this is very unlikely to match the reasons that you receive your pension.

There should be plenty of time for you to send information on as there are considerable delays in the ESA assessment process.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 1 day ago #218461 by Poppypoppy
Replied by Poppypoppy on topic WCA form ESA50 .. retired on ill health.
Many thanks - so I can contact DWP irrespective of ESA to inform them? ESA know as my amount is minimal due to my pension. Thank you.

More
6 years 1 day ago #218474 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WCA form ESA50 .. retired on ill health.
PP

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean by "so I can contact DWP irrespective of ESA to inform them"?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.