× Members

Mobility componant

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #218440 by Peter
Mobility componant was created by Peter
Hello

I was awarded lower on both elements with a 10 year award in June. I had previously only been on DLA care. I got lower rate mobility for the pyschogical reasons that going out is problamatic.

I have 2 questions. Presumably this element is to help with transport costs. I rarely go out but do occasionally. Is this OK >? I told them at the assessment that I had been out with my partner on the odd ocsasion. Just because you go out they wont want it back will they ?

Secondly I have a car, seldom used but taxed and insured. Its good for me that I keep this level of normality even if I dont use it. I have found out that I am entitled to a 50% reduction in road tax. Obviously the DVLA need to see my award letter. This says that I cant go out due to pyschological reasons. I wouldnt want them querying it saying why have you got a car if you cant go out ?? I dont want to rock the boat for about 70 quid . Many thanks for advice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #218455 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mobility componant
Peter

You don't need to worry about with of these issues. The money doesn't have to be used for you to go out, it could be used to help you with extra costs because you can't go out but the bottom line is that nobody is going to check, it's yours to spend as you need.

The DVLA are not interested in why the award has been made, only that you qualify for the discount.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #218460 by Peter
Replied by Peter on topic Mobility componant
Many thanks G

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.