× Members

DWP have not contacted me with their decision?

More
6 years 1 day ago #218488 by Ashley
I had my f2f on 19th July. A couple of weeks later I had a letter saying they have all the info they need to make a decision. Since then I have heard nothing. However, I do know their decision because I had a letter from my local council to say I no longer qualify for help with council tax. I called them and they explained it's because I only qualify for standard rate mobility. So I called DWP in tears because prior to this I was receiving DLA higher rate mobility and middle rate care for life! My disability is congenital and will never get better, only worse with time. The man I spoke to at DWP said he could see that I had not been sent a letter and would send it out. I also asked for a copy of the f2f meeting because I recorded it and wanted to check what I said was written correctly to them. He said he would do this also and send it out. That I believe was 29th Aug and I have not received anything at all. I feel I can't move on through the process of appealing because I haven't legitimately been told what their decision was.
What should I do next? I have received the usual payment on the 11th Sept so I don't know what is happening.
TIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 day ago #218490 by Gordon
Ashley

You need to chase the DWP again for the letter and the report, to challenge the Decision you will need to request a Mandatory Reconsideration but you need to understand how the Decision was made, not just what it was to effectively argue against it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.