× Members

PIP Review

More
5 years 11 months ago #218588 by Harishah
PIP Review was created by Harishah
My dreaded PIP review is due in November which I am dreading going by the experience suffered from other members.

In my current PIP, I have been awarded the enhanced rate under the daily living and the standard rate under the mobility.

I did not get any points awarded under the going out bit even though I had stated that I suffer from depression and anxiety and easily get distressed and confused when going out to unfamiliar places on my own especially in the car if I am driving. This is not helped by the fact that I have a mobility issue as well as hearing and blurred vision problems.

I have also recently developed a heart condition with Angina and had to have a stent fitted. This has further impacted my mobility because of the associated pain, discomfort, dizziness and shortness of breath.

In my last assessment, I was awarded 10 points under the category walking between 20 and 50 meters. This was before the diagnosis of the heart condition. On days when the Angina flares up struggle to walk even 20 meters so this I would say is variable.

In the descriptor under moving around in the PIP review from it mentions Less than 20 meters, Between 20 and 50 meters, Between 50 and 200 meters, 200 meters or more, It Varies.

My predicament now is what I should tick because when I get an Angina attack and this is unpredictable I struggle to walk even 20 meters. Getting the right descriptor is essential and means a difference of a standard or enhanced rate and when a condition is variable it is not easy to mention this.

Any help or advice as to I how should approach this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #218620 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Review
Hari

You are most likely to receive an AR1 Review form so the format of this question will be different and there won't be a tick box for the distance you can walk, however, you still need to answer based on the distance that you can reliably walk on the majority of days and why you are so restricted.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 11 months ago #218660 by Harishah
Replied by Harishah on topic PIP Review
Thanks for your reply.

My worry is that on some days I can manage to walk more than 20 meters even though it can be painful and energy-sapping but is something I have to put up it to prevent my health conditions from deteriorating. However, there are also days when I find it difficult to walk even up to 20 meters especially when I have my Angina attack.

I am worried that the DWP may take it the wrong way if I say one hand I can walk more than 20 meters on some days and yet also claim I cannot walk more than 20 meters on some days. How will they interpret this?

Also, I intend to send supporting letters from my family members as they see my struggles every day. Can more than one family members write a supporting letter or do the DWP only accept a letter from one family member.?

More
5 years 11 months ago #218664 by Gordon
Hari

I can't answer this for you :(

Part of the issue will be how far you can walk on the days that you can walk more than 20m but the bottom line is going to be the distance that you can reliably walk on the majority of days.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 11 months ago #218685 by EmmaC
Replied by EmmaC on topic PIP Review
What is the other form you mention Gordon? I have my assessment in the morning and have just looked over my copies of my renewal form and I had a distance tickbox?

More
5 years 11 months ago #218700 by Gordon
E

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Please don't post your questions in another member's topic, it can lead to confusion over who the advice applies to.

I was referring to the AR1 review form.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.