× Members

Appealing PIP - 0 points awarded Daily Living

More
5 years 11 months ago #218591 by serenee
Hi, I'm about to post my appeal form off regarding the 0 points awarded. I have rheumatoid arthritis with significant irreversibly joint damage particularly in my wrists. I believe I should have been awarded 11 points.

Is there anything I should be mention regarding the comments in the mandatory reconsideration notice as below?

Driving a car - As I drive a car 15-20 minutes on occasion, it is a "multi -tasking activity requiring significant physical function in terms of grip, power and upper and lower joint movement"

"able to re-apply wrist splint" (they mentioned left hand but it was was the right)

"you were observed to move your zip up and down by gripping it between your forefinger and thumb on your right hand"

"you can use a mobile phone"

"the assessor noted that you did not report any difficulty moving around"

They note my medication has not increased since last assessment but I told the assessor why but it is not in the report.

Other than the above the rest of the report refers to cognitive restrictions, communicating, recalling events, normal eye contact, how engaged with assessor.

I did not claim for the mobility element on the Pip form. I told her why and that it was due to the high chance I would be refused again due to the high threshold. My neighbour was refused PIP for mobility and she can hardly walk due to spinal issues for which she is under a consultant. I told her I was claiming for Daily living only (joint damage cannot be disputed & it is completely obvious however she did not want to look as "it's not part of the assessment" ). although I do have arthritis that affects my mobility. (I was sat down for entire of assessment as it was at home)

There is no mention of any of the aids I use at home.

I referred her to my rheumatologists letter regarding joint damage but she said it was not relevant.

The points I think I should be awarded are due to the aids I use and some help that I require. I did explain these but none of these are mentioned in the report.

I would appreciate any guidance on whether I should make any mention of the above in the appeal forms.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #218625 by Gordon
serenee

Are you going to send a submission as part of your appeal? If you are then you do not need to go into detail on the SSCS1, there is a sample completed form in the Submissions document in the PIP area.

If you do not intend to make a submission then you will need to go into detail why believe that you should score the points for an award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 11 months ago #218650 by serenee
Replied by serenee on topic Appealing PIP - 0 points awarded Daily Living
Thanks.

I will have a look at the sample submissions document

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.