× Members

How long can a guest stay with you on sdp?

More
5 years 11 months ago #218622 by Chlorinated
How long can a guest stay with you on sdp? was created by Chlorinated
I am receiving esa severe disability premiuim.

I have a friend who wants to stay with me temporarily(as a guest and not permanently). I expect he will be here 1.5 weeks to 1 month at most. He will use my address to apply for his national insurance number so dwp will know he stayed here.

If he does stay with me for the stated time and if has used the address to apply for an NI card(they do not accept as correspondence address you actually have to live there when applying), would this disqualify me from sdp? What does the esa sdp policy state with regards to a guest temporarily staying with you for a few days or few weeks? Do they differentiate between a temporary guest and someone who is actually living with you, if so at what point would a temporary guest become someone who is living with you.

I asked esa but telephone advisors didnt know and as usually they probably won't call back.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #218637 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic How long can a guest stay with you on sdp?
Amonia

I think if they use your address for their benefits then I think it likely that you will lose your SDP as they will be classed as living at the same address, I would be surprised if the DWP will consider their stay as temporary as they will have no other address for the person.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 11 months ago #218641 by Chlorinated
Replied by Chlorinated on topic How long can a guest stay with you on sdp?
They do not receive benefits as they are working, there NI number is required for them to continue working. But they have no other fixed address and would have been in air b n b prior.

Does this make a difference or is this an area you are not sure about?

Thanks

More
5 years 11 months ago #218653 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic How long can a guest stay with you on sdp?
Amonia

The issue is whether you are living alone, I could be wrong but if the person registers at your address then this will be seen as where they are living and you will no longer be counted as living alone while they remain registered at your address. Note the difference between them staying at your address and living at it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.