× Members

Advice about ESA

More
5 years 11 months ago #218642 by Ianeif2
Advice about ESA was created by Ianeif2
I had to fill out an ESA50 and I fully expect yet another medical.

I recently passed both PIP and DWP for the second time after being on benefits a couple of years. So I was deemed as still disabled enough.

Now it's ESA 's turn.

This will be the 3rd medical in less than months and my nerves are shot at.

If only they knew how distressing these forms and medicals are especially when suffering mental health problems on top of painful disabilities.

My question is, will ESA not look at the fact that both PIP and DWP have both deemed me unfit for work within the last few months?

Why 3 forms and 3 medicals?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #218654 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Advice about ESA
Iain

PIP is not a work-related benefit, many PIP claimants work, some with the highest award, so your PIP award does not mean that you are considered unfit for work.

It's very unlikely that the assessor will be sent a copy of your PIP Decision and the associated report, they have no direct access to it, a DWP Decision Maker may but there is no guarantee that they will refer to it.

If you want your PIP award to be considered in regard your limitations then you need to include it as part of your evidence, you will need to explain why it is relevant to your ESA claim, although some of the criteria do overlap, even where it does the actual criteria is different.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ianeif2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.