× Members

Blue Badge review done or not?

More
5 years 11 months ago #218683 by raindaisy
Blue Badge review done or not? was created by raindaisy
Hi , Ive had a blue badge since 2016, i got 8 points on the mobility descriptor. My reveiw date is July 2019. But got a review form in July 2018, completed sent it off, no change .
I needed an up to date statement of entitlement as my Blue Badge expired on 30/09/2018.
I rang DWP for a copy of the 2016 decision . I prompted told I was "under review"
I said "Yes, i know. Im waiting to hear back."
She said : "Then, well you might not be entitled to PIP"
I said , " yes that maybe the case, it may not be the case, Im waiting to hear back"
Then my statement came through. Didnt really check it as it still said I got standard rate mobility of 8 points.
I sent blue badge docs.
Got an email back today: I dont meet the criteria .

" The Department for Transport guidance states that applicants applying under the Personal Independence Payments (PIP) criteria must be in receipt of 8 points or more in the 'Moving Around' descriptor.
From the information you have provided it appears you do not receive 8 points or more for ‘Moving Around’, so we will not be taking your application any further."

I've had a closer look at the recent statement of entitlement I requested , the dwp have awarded me 4pts for moving around, and 4pts for planning a journey.. it was 8pts + 4 pts before. ?
The standard rate care is the same , but the points on mobility have changed?
I have received no decision letter , no statement of change, no right of appeal etc..?
What do you advise?
TIA
Raindaisy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #218699 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Blue Badge review done or not?
raindaisy

You seem to have two options; request an MR of the Decision in the hope of scoring higher for the Mobility award or alternatively apply directly to your Local Authority for a Blue Badge, the criteria that your LA will use is more akin to the old DLA rules than PIP.

www.gov.uk/apply-blue-badge

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 11 months ago #218753 by raindaisy
Replied by raindaisy on topic Blue Badge review done or not?
Thank you Gordon.
I hunted down my original decision letter dated 2016 and checked it through carefully.
Seems the LA are indeed correct, I scored 4 (planning J) , 4 (moving around) = 8pts Mobility total in 2016.
I note this time the LA clearly state which descriptor qualifies.
Which means technically I never qualified for a blue badge in the first place! So someone in SCC ( LA) had made a mistake!
I will attempt to apply anyway, but wont hold my breath, a friend age 75 was turned down at the first hurdle , no AA, no DLA , (she never will apply for help , fiercely independent), but SCC has blanket policy of 8 pts only etc...
She has deformed , painful feet and ankles due to RA, can barely walk at all. Wont use an aid. Wont use a wheelchair. Just wont go out, and was becoming a hermit.
So I requested a review and sent hospital letters, photos of her painful horrible deformed swollen feet . ( hope they weren't eating at the desk when they opened the email :sick: )
That did the trick.

Wasn't even called in for a walking assessment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.