× Members

Communicating - hearing aid "not within scope..."

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #218693 by gilders
I wear an hearing aid in one and I lip-read, but I received 0 points in Communicating verbally. The justification was "...he has 1 hearing aid. This is not within the scope of this activity". The assessor did not assess my ability to communicate without wearing my hearing aid, so shouldn't I have got descriptor b. "Needs to use an aid..." ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #218707 by Gordon
Gliders

The test is about your ability to hear, so what hearing do you have in the ear with the hearing aid? What hearing do you have in the other ear?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #218724 by oldman
I wear two hearing aids, got the pints because of that, told no points for one.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #218735 by Gordon

oldman wrote: I wear two hearing aids, got the pints because of that, told no points for one.

I am afraid you are simply propagating this incorrect opinion, what value would a hearing aid be to someone with no hearing in one of their ears?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.