× Members

ESA Assessment form received after a few years

More
5 years 11 months ago #218714 by SamSam55
Hi Dear, Thank you firstly for being for us. I received ESA assessment form after hearing nothing for a couple of years, is it mandatory for them to send new form? Last time, I followed your detailed guide and it was successful. Can you tell me if I should read your updated version (Mar 18)? Is there any different than previous ones? I need to ask as it is a huge volume. Also, shall I include what I wrote in my last form? My mental condition has deteriorated due to aging and also having lost lot of weight, etc. I appreciate your kind help again! Many thanks :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #218718 by Gordon
Sam

It's not a legal requirement that an ESA50 is issued but any assessment referred to Maximus, the Assessment Provider, where one is not sent to the claimant would be seriously impaired.

There have been no changes to the ESA Descriptors and Regulations since 2013 but there have been updates to the DWP guidance, primarily in the area of Substantial Risk, so I would have a good read of this section in the mental health guide and perhaps a cursory look at the entries for each activity, just to check if there is anything significant.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: SamSam55

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid