× Members

ESA Schizophrenia

More
5 years 11 months ago #218810 by Lisa
ESA Schizophrenia was created by Lisa
Hello I am new here, just asking for some advice. I have schizophrenia, have had it for about 13 years with numerous psychotic episodes and admissions to hospital, this was mainly because I didn't used to take the medication because of the severe side effects. I was actually able to function better off the meds. However three years ago I began to take the medication, partly scared into it as I totally lost control and took an overdose. My question is when filling in the ESA form would it be relevant to mention my symptoms when psychotic as it has not happened for three years, if only to demonstrate what could happen if I became ill again. I still get voices but have avoided a full blown episode. Thanks very much for any advice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #218824 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Schizophrenia
Lisa

Yes, I would certainly mention how you are but you will need to distinguish it from how you are now on the medication, as those assessing you can only consider your current state of health.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lisa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid