× Members

Should i appeal to get my award for indefinite?

More
5 years 11 months ago #218923 by Norma Lewis
I was on indefinite DLA higher rate for many years. Then came PIP, and i was downgraded on Mobility. Following the guides, i put in a request for manadtory reconsideration. I was "successful" to a point, receiving back the higher rate, meaning i can still have a motobility car. However, the award is only until 25th July 2021, with a review in July 2020. I am 64 years old, have degenerative conditions, and cannot / will not get better. Is it worth going to Appeal, only to argue the length of award, in order to attempt to regain the "indefinite" status? As it is, i have to go through the whole worrying procedure again in under 2 years..................TIA. Norma Lewis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #218956 by Gordon
N

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

The award length is part of the Decision and can, therefore, be challenged but we have not seen huge success with claimants doing this, the award is based on a recommendation made by the assessor and is supposed to be based on the medical information, Decision Makers have no medical training and are therefore reluctant to override the assessor.

If you do want to pursue it then the first stage is to request an MR, you will need to provide evidence that your condition(s), not just your conditions, in general, are ones that will not improve.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.