× Members

ESA - DWP Letter Detailing (Confirming) Award?

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #218955 by BuddhaNature
Hello Gordon,

Some time ago I was given an automatic extension to my Support Group ESA claim until June 2020. However, I have no letter from the DWP informing me that this is so - the date I have was communicated to my doctor during a phone call made to the DWP regarding my ESA claim. So now I'm in a position with no letter of award and I am too terrified of drawing myself to the attention of the DWP to ask for one. I really am scared of them and what they can do. However, with this coming rollout of forced migration of ESA claimants over to UC I really do think I need a such letter from the DWP. So my question is (I'm too frightened to phone them) if I write to them and ask for such a letter what is it that I ask for? Basically I think I need the class of ESA that I am on (Support Group) and the dates period of the award. But I'm thinking that in theory this should be a kind of 'standard letter' sent out by the DWP so maybe there is a specific code for it. If there is could you tell me what the code is?
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #218967 by Gordon
BuddhaNature

You need to request a copy of the last Decision Letter on your claim, however, you should have been sent an Entitlement Letter every year in February or March and this will serve the same purpose.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: BuddhaNature

More
5 years 11 months ago #218981 by BuddhaNature
Replied by BuddhaNature on topic ESA - DWP Letter Detailing (Confirming) Award?
Thank you very much for your response, Gordon.

Strange I haven't received any yearly letters either.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.